If you're ever faced with a situation where you encounter a client with misguided expectations, or a client wondering why you offer what you do, there are four simple magic words. These four words can make all the difference in helping create and manage expectations for your clients.
"Most of my clients....." and then whatever it is that you want them to do.
- Most of my clients choose either a 10x10 or 12x12 leather bound book in brown or black.
- Most of my clients find that an hour and a half is a perfect amount of time for a first look and your wedding party photos.
- Most of my clients find that it's a much more enjoyable process to come back to the studio and place their print order.
- Most of my clients find that taking a small amount of time for a "first look," ends up being the most relaxed, enjoyable experience of their entire wedding day.
- Most of my clients find that a disk of images ends up being the perfect way to archive their wedding images, but it's not how they re-live the memories. For that, they prefer an album.
- Most of my clients find that they can fit 2-3 outfit changes into a 90 minute session without feeling rushed.
- Most of my clients spend between $3,500 and $4,500 at their portrait sales session.
- Most of my clients find that two photographers helps capture all of the important moments and details of their wedding.
- Most of my clients spend between $7,500 and $10,000 for a complete wedding collection including a limited edition, signature wedding album.
- Most of my clients feel that one of our signature wedding albums is the perfect way to share their story.
- Most of my clients find that a 24x36 is the smallest print size suitable for hanging over a fireplace, or a couch.
Most of my clients.....
Of course, there's nothing really magic about them - but they help a client know exactly what to expect. By the way, this is only useful if whatever you tell them is actually true.
Your turn - what do you think? Leave a comment below and let me know how you help create realistic expectations for your clients.